The time of heartwarming stews is upon us. Autumn is here! We really enjoy earthy and rooty meals this time of year. Here is on of our favorites to be had when wind and rain smack the windows.
- prepare potatoes (I water them to wash out some starch)
- prepare carrots
- prepare some green vegetables like broccoli and/or green peas
- mince chilli and garlic
- braise chilli and garlic in a little (1 teaspoon) oil
- deglaze with Passata Rustica
- add vegetable broth (1/2 to 1 litre)
- add rinsed potatoes and vegetables
- boil for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are done
- season with soy sauce, peanut paste and cinnamon
- add oat creme if not moist enough
- serve with sweet pepper powder and/or tumeric on top
The peanut/cinnamon combo is a little exotic but goes really well with the earthen roots like potato and carrot. Sweetpotato would propably fit in there well too.