If you have made the famous CaWaSa recently, you will probably have 1/2 white cabbage sitting in the fridge. Do not despair! Here comes a recipe to aid you with that.
- prepare 1/2 white cabbage by cutting off thin slices
- dice 2 carrots
- dice 1 red bell pepper, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 red chilli
- sauté bell pepper, onion, garlic and chili in a big pot until glazed
- add mustard (1 tablespoon), cumin (1 tablespoon) and sauté for 1 more minute
- add sieved tomatoes (400gr), vegetable broth (250ml), cabbage and carrots
- simmer for 20 minutes
- add peanut butter (4 tablespoons) and paprika powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- add kidney beans (1 can) and sweet corn (1 can)
- season with mango juice
- stir well and serve with black rice
This is an extremely nutritous and satiating stew without compromising in exotic deliciousness. I prefer this meal extra hot to get my insides warmed up. Fun fact: peanuts are legumes, not nuts, and laden with protein and many vitamines and minerals.