Pumpkins everywhere! This is a spicy and colorful soup begging to be brought into existence.
- prepare 1 Hokkaido to get 2x2cm pieces – you do not have to peel it, just scrape off the hard bumps
- prepare 1 pound of carrots to match pumpkin pieces in size
- chop 1 red onion, garlic (2 cloves), ginger (1 tablespoon) and chili to taste
- braise onion, garlic, ginger and chili in a big pot with little (1 teaspoon) oil
- deglaze with Balsamico vinegar
- add pumpkin and carrots
- add vegetable broth (1 litre)
- boil for 25 minutes
- blend with immersion blender until smooth
- season with soy sauce, coconut milk (400ml) and lemon juice
While this soup will make your whole family flock to your place, it is also a great base to refine your seasoning skills. You can experiment with different spices like pepper, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric or peanut paste to make it taste even more sophisticated.