I am such a fan of big bowles of stew right now, I can’t even tell you. You prepare them on one day and eat for half a week, combined with other dishes (hold on for my Kimchi). Worst thing that can happen: you run out of cooked rice.
- skin and dice 500gr of sweetpotato, 1 onion and 2 cloves of garlic
- dice 2 red bell pepper and 1 red chilli
- skin and grate one thumb worth of ginger
- sauté onion, garlic, ginger and chili in a big pot until glazed
- add balsamico and sauté until the vinegar has vaporized
- add red curry paste and sauté 1 more minute
- add coconut milk (200ml), vegetable broth (250ml) and bring to a low boil
- add sweetpotato and simmer for 10 minutes
- add bell pepper, pineapple (fresh or canned pieces) and frozen peas, simmer for 10 more minutes
- season with maple sirup, lime juice and soy sauce
- serve with rice
This hot and sweet meal is delightful. You really need to try it to believe how well coconut, pineapple and chilly go together.